Tuesday, November 30, 2010

wong•says•hi



Welcome to my humble blog.

I'm Wong and I go by my pseudo name, Jae. I'm currently a full-time art & design educator in Singapore and I'm also a part-time/freelance graphic designer. I graduated from the School of Art, Design and Media in Nanyang Tech. University (SG), majoring in Visual Communication (BFA Hon). I love playing with colours and mixing crazy things together to create something awesome, something I'd call an artpiece. I doodle a lot. I daydream a lot. I love traveling. But as much as I love the sights and sounds of the outside world, I like cuddling up in bed with a good novel or watch old-time favourite sitcoms and shows on my laptop. I'm quite a sucker for dramas and good shows.

I love to edit. I love photoshopping. I love to make things beautiful and coherent. I put a lot of my emotions into the works I do. I stay committed till the end. Which is why, much of the works I do or create, kinda link back to my life. My life as a girl, a designer, an artist, an educator, a daughter, a friend, a student, etc.

I find it rewarding after going through turbulence along the way and finally producing something that I can be proud of.

I'm a rather loud, cheerful and vibrant person. I have a, what you'd call, colourful personality. Alternatively, you might label me as an emotional designer-bitch when I get too emotionally tied to my work.

I guess I just have this much to talk about for now.

x,
Wong